- Grad Year: 2016
- Concentration: Product & Brand Management/ Marketing & Information Analytics
- Undergrad: University of Utah, 2011
- Target Role: Marketing Internship in Tech, Summer 2015
- Key Skills: MS Office, Google AdWords & Analytics
- Fun Fact: Marin avidly follows her beloved Utah Utes in the NCAA. She was in the MUSS (Mighty Utah Student Section) every football season of her undergraduate career (with the exception of Fall 2008 when she was studying abroad in London and the Utes went undefeated, beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl- tough season to miss).
Marin is a first-year MBA student studying Marketing & Brand Management and Marketing Analytics. Marin has a background in digital marketing- specifically lead acquisition and media buying. Prior to BC, she spent 3 ½ years on the marketing team at Alliance Health Networks, LLC- a healthcare/technology company. Marin is seeking to stay within the technology (and possibly healthcare) realm as she seeks an internship for the coming summer. Marin’s biggest pre-requisite for a future position is that she never wants to be bored. She thrives in fast-paced, high-stakes environments. This year at BC, Marin had the great privilege of attending the Graduate Tech Trek in January of 2015. She is also a graduate assistant for one of the university’s marketing professors. She is actively involved in her church and is currently serving as a youth mentor to teenage girls in the Boston community.
- Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Leadership Management.
- Grad Year: 2015
- Previous Employer: Rendimento Bank (Brazil), Marketing Manager; peerTransfer(Boston) International Payments Associate
- Undergrad: FAAP – Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado (Sao Paulo- Brazil) Advertising/Communications
- Target Role: Marketing
- Fun Fact: Renato used his free time to acquire a certificate of the Brazilian Academy of magical arts and also became an expert in hypnosis.
Renato is a Brazilian management leader with expertise in marketing management in the Finance Industry. Skilled in collaborating with members of an organization to achieve business and marketing objectives. Instrumental in streamlining and improving processes, enhancing productivity, and implementing technology solutions. Highly effective team builder and trainer of personnel skilled in leading a team to solve problems and exceed company expectations. Renato also loves technology and is fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Grad Year: 2016
- Concentration: Corporate Finance
- Undergrad: Lehigh University, ’08 – International Relations
- Target Role: Strategy or Finance internship, Summer 2015
- Fun Fact: In high school, I was co-captain of a nationally-ranked Academic Bowl team.
Michael is a first-year MBA student with experience recruiting for the strategy consulting, SaaS, and pharmaceutical industries. Before attending Boston College, Michael graduated from Lehigh University in 2008 with a BA in International Relations and a minor in Economics. Michael worked for three years on the recruiting team at The Boston Consulting Group, partnering with BCG project leaders to develop and execute successful recruiting strategies at Boston-area business school campuses. Most recently, Michael worked in Talent Acquisition for Bullhorn, a global, equity-backed SaaS-model company. With this exposure to a tech company, Michael enjoyed the intellectual challenges and fast-paced environment that come with a growing company. In his internship search, Michael is looking for a growing company that will continue to develop his analytical mindset and challenge him to learn new systems and technologies.
- Grad Year: 2015
- Concentration: Product & Brand Mgmt /Marketing Analytics
- Undergrad: University of Virginia ‘05
- Summer Internship: Ad Sales at DIRECTV
- Target Role: Business Development/Addressable Ad Sales Analytics
- Key Skills: MS Office, Adobe CS, SPSS
- Fun Fact: I am a huge fan of Stephen King and have read all 50+ of his books.
Alaina is a marketing professional with 7 years of experience under her belt. She graduated from UVA in 2005 with a BA in Anthropology, an unlikely subject which kindled her early passion for marketing. Alaina has held a variety of marketing roles and gained a broad skillset including account management, event management, CRM, copy writing and advertising. Most recently, Alaina worked in Business Development for a local web design and development agency and became skilled with lead generation and nurturing in the e-commerce space. This experience in a technology focused company sparked a fascination with the role of analytics in marketing, which motivated her to return to school to gain the quantitative skills to necessary to grow her career in the direction of analytics-driven marketing strategy in the technology industry.
In her first year at Boston College, Alaina attended the Tech Trek West field study and is terribly proud of the above photo taken at Facebook’s HQ in Menlo Park, California.
Concentration: Business Analytics
- Grad Year: 2015
- Undergrad: Williams College ‘09
- Summer Internship: FP&A Intern at Ocean Spray Cranberries
- Target Role: Quantitative / Data Analyst
- Key Skills: MS Office, SPSS, R, SQL
- Fun Fact: One of my favorite summer activities is clamming, which is of course followed by shucking, frying and eating.
Kori is a second year MBA candidate with a passion for business analytics and a background in investment management. In her previous role as a Senior Investment Analyst at Permal Capital Management, a private equity fund-of-funds and secondary investment firm based in Boston, she was largely responsible for utilizing a strong analytical skill-set in constructing financial models and ad-hoc quantitative analyses to assist in the investment decision-making process. She learned that what she enjoyed most about her experience at Permal was being able to transform data into insight, i.e., putting a story to the numbers. Her passion for analytics stems from this realization, and returning to school has allowed her to further explore this area of interest. Kori’s academic project work with Zipcar, for instance, provided hands-on, practical experience working on an analytics initiative. Along with a team of four others, she designed a scoring mechanism that served as a tool for evaluating expansion opportunities into new locations as well as a step-by-step process implementation guide that directed Zipcar toward a universal model and data-driven strategy. Additionally, as the VP of Analytics for BC’s Graduate Technology Club, she’s hoping to create opportunities for graduate students to develop their data science “hard” skills through practical learning experiences and to gain exposure to Boston’s local analytics scene through networking and educational events. Outside of class, Kori is working on developing her programming skills with the goal of one day becoming fluent in a coding language. You can also find her playing basketball, soccer or flag football with the BC MBA folk.
- Concentration: Business Analytics; Dual Degree candidate in the Graduate School of Social Work concentrating in health/mental health planning, administration, and policy
- Grad Year: 2016
- Undergrad: University of Virginia ’13, Religious Studies and Spanish
- Target Role: Strategy/Operations/Business Analysis/Product Management Internship, Summer 2015
- Key Skills: MS Office, STATA, Atlas.ti7, ArcGIS, SPSS, draw.io
- Fun Fact: In high school, Alexa cooked a turducken (a chicken inside of a duck inside of a turkey) one Thanksgiving. Because the Amish recipe she used called for 14 hours of roasting and basting every 2 hours, on Thanksgiving Eve she slept in the kitchen on a mattress and set various alarms throughout the night so that she could attend to her giant bird(s).
As a dual degree student in the Carroll School and the Graduate School of Social Work, Alexa is constantly applying the skills she is gaining at Boston College in ongoing professional endeavors that she balances with her schoolwork. Before starting business school, she worked at a local non-profit organization for a year supporting senior leadership with the planning for and introduction of new outcomes measurement software, the improvement of performance metrics, program development, and resource development. She has also worked in non-profit management consulting and is currently co-leading a feasibility study for a local organization culminating in the launch of a new social enterprise in January of 2015. Using technology to improve organizational effectiveness has inspired Alexa to pursue more technical skills with greater fervor and to explore opportunities in the tech industry.
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alexa-villalobos/48/848/28
- Concentration: Leadership and Management
- Grad Year: 2016
- Undergrad: Boston College ‘09 – Economics
- Target Role: Operations/Strategy/Product Management Internship, Summer 2015
- Key Skills: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, RegOnline event management, custom database development and management, basic HTML.
- Fun Fact: The first road race Jackie ever ran was the Boston Marathon.
Jackie is back at Boston College for Round Two. After four and a half years working for an Association Management Company located in Wakefield, MA, she is looking forward to adding to her quantitative skillset. Prior to entering the MBA program, Jackie managed a small team of individuals focused on launching, expanding, and improving the training and certification products for various clients. During her time as Product Manager she focused on eliminating process inefficiencies and developing new business for global clients. She has experience working cross-functionally, taking on roles assisting with marketing, event management, and client services. During her time at Virtual, Inc., Jackie worked closely with the PCI Security Standards Council, which grew her interest in the tech and data security industries.
Though she continues to deny her love of running, Jackie has completed the Boston Marathon three times, fundraising over $16,000 for the ALS Association of MA and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. She tries to spend any free time she has outdoors and competes on a summer League Frisbee team called the Teenage Cavemen.
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackieouellet/
- Concentration: Product and Brand Management
- Grad Year: 2016
- Undergrad: Gettysburg College ’11 – Economics
- Target Role: Sales/Marketing Internship
- Key Skills: MS Office, Siebel, Salesforce (and other CRMs), STATA, StaaS, PaaS, CaaS, Mobile Device Management.
- Fun Fact: While at Gettysburg, Zach participated in a reality show pilot with the premise of placing college students with Civil War reenactors and training them to participate in marching, camping, and battle formations. Unfortunately (fortunately?) it wasn’t picked up.
Zach is a first year MBA student with experience in sales and marketing. Prior to BC he worked for 3 years as an account executive on AT&T’s Business Integrated Solutions team, specializing in helping small business leverage mobile applications to improve processes. Though this experience Zach developed a passion for B2B technology implementation because of the way he was able to help operations managers and chief executives achieve results that they hadn’t thought were feasible. Outside of class Zach is currently working on sharpening his technical skills to better understand the language of the tech industry, with the goal of one day starting his own company.
Zach is an avid golfer, competing in Massachusetts Golf Association amateur events, and an ice hockey weekend warrior with the local Stinky Socks Hockey League.
Follow Zach – @zach_culver
Connect with me LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/zachculver/
- Concentration: Marketing Informatics, Product and Brand Management
- Grad Year: 2015
- Undergrad: Columbia University ’09-History
- Summer Internship: Product Manager MBA Intern-Continuum Managed Services
- Target Role: Product Manager
- Key Skills: Excel, SQL, PPT, SPSS, Agile Project Management, JIRA, CMS, Qlikview, CRM (including Salesforce)
- Fun Fact: David was the 2006 NYC Patchy Beard Champion but was disqualified in his 2009 title defense because his beard had become “too full”
David is the Grad Tech Club President and an Alum of both BC Tech Trek West and Tech Trek NYC. The son of a software engineer and a teacher, David has a passion for Product Management for its unique blend of creativity and leveraging data. Currently launching a business grade file sync and share product and pursuing his MBA at Boston College, he spent the previous four years at EF Education, enabling high school students and teachers to see the world and gain cultural understanding while doing it. While he found his initial success as a Salesman, his history background kept him digging deeper into numbers and processes until he was eventually asked to take on an analyst role, building out the BI Sales Dashboards and spearheading innovation in internal systems. Working with developers and business execs alike, he cultivated skills in data analysis and agile project management while developing a passion for technology in business.